If you looking for a 4G mobile WiFi router for use with your data sim card and the 4G MiFi must have a low price and small size, we recommend you to consider the latest Alcatel EE60 Mobile WiFi. If you are unfamiliar with the Alcatel EE60 MiFi, you can proceed to read more about the Alcatel EE66 review in this article.
Why we need an LTE MiFi when the smartphone has the hotspot function?
Many people may ask, why do I need a MiFi device while the smartphone is equipped with hotspot function? MiFi (Mobile WiFi) supports WiFi data sharing with many other devices. Usually, a MiFi support 5-15 users at a time depending on the model and the MiFi brand. MiFi usually would not become very hot and does not consume the battery fast compared to when using a smartphone as a hotspot. WiFi signal access from a mobile WiFi is also extensive and the MiFi also can usually extend the signal better than smartphones and provides faster internet. If you only use 2-3 devices like 1 smartphone and 1 laptop, MiFi is not required. But if you use more than 3 devices and share data with many people then a MiFi is highly recommended.
Alcatel EE60 Review
We get the Alcatel EE60 MiFi a couple of days ago, comparing with other mobile device models such as Huawei E5577, TP-link M7350 and so on, the Alcatel EE60 is most budget one. The highlight of Alcatel EE60 is the large battery capacity, which can not only keep it working for a long time but also charge other devices if needed.
Alcatel EE60 Settings
The Alcatel EE60 is also very easy to setup. For starters, you just need to login to 192.168.1.1 and setup the parameters if you need. You can only use 5Ghz WiFi in AC wireless mode, while 2.4Ghz wifi only in wireless mode b/g/n. No dual-band function.
Alcatel EE60 MiFi Highlights:
- Unlocked model – supports all the network providers in Asia and Europe
- Battery life throughout the day – 5150 mAh
- A strong data signal, WiFi area
- Supports wireless AC
- Compact size
- Can work as a mobile power bank
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 for fast charging
Alcatel EE60 MIFI Configuration
- Does not support dual band wifi 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously
- Not sold in regular stores but online
- Some users reportedly difficult to play PS4 online using this Mifi (NAT limitation).
- The latest firmware version EE60_00_05.00_31 does not support the Alcatel Link App app on iOS and Android
- Does not have Micro SD card slot
- The size of a large MiFi battery means you cannot use a low adapter/charger output as the charge will take a long time and hot fast. Please use high adapter/charger output such as iPad charger
Alcatel EE60 Firmware Update
Avoid Alcatel EE60 Mifi firmware updates to the EE60_00_05.00_31 version because this firmware does not support the Alcatel Link App app on iOS and Android. Some users report the latest EE60 firmware more stable, fast and less hot but Link App app is not accessed at all. If you have updated to this new firmware and need Link application, we recommend email to this application developer to support EE60 Mifi again.